2023 ELECTION NOTICE
CLICK HERE FOR 2023 SPRING PRIMARY ELECTION NOTICE
CLICK HERE FOR 2023 SPRING ELECTION NOTICE
CLICK HERE FOR 2023 SPRING PRIMARY ELECTION NOTICE FOR COUNTRY VILLA ASSISTED LIVING FACILITY
Polls are open 7:00 AM to 8:00 PM
Freedom Town Hall, W2004 County Road S
NOTICE OF GENERAL ELECTION - NOVEMBER 8, 2022
To request an absentee ballot: Click here - HTTPS://MyVote.WI.Gov
No In-Person Absentee Voting is allowed on the Monday prior to the Election Day. Wis. Stat. § 686(1)(b)
In Person Absentee (Early Voting in the Clerk's Office)
In Person Absentee voting begins about two weeks prior to an election once the ballots are received in the Clerk's Office. The deadline for in-person absentee is 5:00 p.m. on the Friday preceding the election. Please make sure you bring your photo ID in order to vote.
Location: Freedom Town Hall, W2004 County Road S, Freedom
General Office Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday
- If you are indefinitely confined because of age, illness, infirmity, or disability, you can receive an absentee ballot on a permanent basis by printing out and mailing in this form. Photo ID is not required with the application. By signing the certificate envelope that is mailed to you along with the ballot, the witness, who must also sign and provide their address on the cerficate envelope, is certifying that they have verified the name and address of the voter.
Absentee Ballot Request - Download the form or fill out an application online (click on "Vote Absentee" on the right side of the page)
- Any qualified elector who is unable or unwilling to appear at the polling place on Election Day may request to vote an absentee ballot. Whether voting in person or by mail, photo ID is required. To obtain an absentee ballot, you may choose one of the following:
- Personally come to the Town Clerk's office to cast an absentee ballot, fill out the form and will need to show your photo ID;
- You can make a request in writing or fill out an online application and we will mail you an absentee ballot. The written request must include your voting address within the Town of Freedom, the address where the absentee ballot should be sent, if different, and your signature. You will need to include a copy of your photo ID with your request in order for a ballot to be mailed to you.
Am I registered to vote? click here
I need to register to vote, change my name, and/or change my address.
- There are 3 options to register or re-register:
WISCONSIN NOW REQUIRES A PHOTO ID TO VOTE
For more information go to: HTTP://BRINGIT.WISCONSIN.GOV or contact the Clerk’s office
VOTER REGISTRATION REQUIRED
You can register at the polls OR at the Town Hall during hours listed below. You will need your WI Driver's License # (or Social Security # if you do not have a drivers license) and proof that you have lived at your present location for at least 28 days preceeding the election.
Polling place is accessible to elderly and disabled voters. If you have any questions concerning your polling place, contact the municipal clerk or go to myvote.wi.gov
NOTICE: At the close of voting on Election Day, pursuant to the provisions of the WI Stat. 19.84, the Election Inspectors at this polling place will convene as the Local Canvassing Board for the purpose of conducting the local canvas pursuant to WI Stat 7.51. This meeting will be open to the public pursuant to WI Stats 19.89 – 90.
Colleen M. Laha, Town Clerk
920-788-4548 or 920-915-6255
W2004 County S
P.O. Box 1007
Freedom, WI 54131
(920)788-4548 or (920)915-6255
Campaign Finance Overview