11.06 SNOW, ICE AND DEBRIS
(1) Sidewalks to be Kept Clean: The owner or occupant of any lot or parcel shall remove all snow, ice, or debris which may have fallen or accumulated upon the sidewalk bordering such lot or parcel within twenty-four (24) hours after such snow, ice, or debris has fallen or accumulated; provided when ice has so formed that it cannot be removed, the owner or occupant shall keep the sidewalk surface sprinkled with a material which will prevent the sidewalk from being dangerous to pedestrians.
(2) If the owner or occupant fails to comply with this subsection, the Town Board or its designee shall cause the snow, ice, or debris to be removed or swept as required in this section and the cost thereof assessed against the property as a special charge pursuant to Wis. Stats. 66.60(16).
(3) In addition to any other charges under 11.06(2), the failure to comply with this sub-section shall subject the property owner or occupant or both to a forfeiture not less than $5.00 nor more than $500.00. Every calendar day a violation exists shall be deemed to be a separate offense.
11.065 DEPOSITING SNOW ON PUBLIC RIGHT OF WAYS.
(1) No person shall remove or cause to be removed any snow or ice from a premises owned or occupied by that person or from any residence, parking lot, parking area, filling station, business property or other property owned by occupied by said person by placing the said snow onto the traveled portion of any public right-of-way, including ditches, paths and walkways. Snow removed from public walks shall not be stored in any manner which shall obstruct or limit vehicular or pedestrian vision, movement or access.
(2) No person shall deposit any snow or ice upon the traveled portion of any sidewalk, alley or road or street of the Town of Freedom. Such action is declared a nuisance and the Police Department shall be empowered to issue citations for this violation, the penalty for which shall be amounts set forth in Town Fee Schedule, reference this code section. In addition to the penalties provided for the violation of this section, the town of Freedom may summarily remove any snow or ice so deposited and cause the cost of said removal to be charged to the owner of the property from which the said snow or ice has been removed and upon failure to pay the same said may be charged as a special charge upon the tax bill to the owner of the property from which the snow or ice removal was necessitated.
(3) No person shall interfere with the accessibility to a fire hydrant by piling or dumping materials (including snow or ice) near it without first obtaining permission from the appropriate municipal authority. The material piled or dumped near the hydrant includes snow and ice removed from private property. Every day which such interference continues constitutes a separate offense.
To see more of the ordinances, click here.
Trash & Recycling Container Placement
Please remember to properly place your weekly trash and recycling containers along your street. The containers should be positioned four feet from the paved road surface for roads with ditches or as close to the backside of the curb as possible for roads with curb & gutter. Properly placing the containers allows the snow plowing crews to do a better job of plowing and also minimizes the potential for damage to the containers. Garbage and recycling bins should be placed by 5am along the road/curb for pickup.
2019 Garbage/Recycling Schedule
BURNING OF LEAVES, BRUSH, CLEAN WOOD OR OTHER VEGETATIVE MATERIALS IN RESIDENTIAL AREAS The burning of all leaves, brush, clean wood or other vegetative materials in any residential area is strictly prohibited. Any burning of leaves, brush, clean wood or other vegetative materials outside of any residential area is allowed but only with an approved permit from the hours between 4 PM and 9 PM.
Burning Permit Application
Outagamie County Mass Notification System – Follow this link to sign up for updates on what is happening in your area!
Social Security Offices Near Me
Click Here for more information
Join our Text Message List to receive important information/announcements from the Town. Just text the word "FREEDOMT" to "36000" and answer the question with a "Y". You will then receive a text that you have been added to our list!
Found an Engagement/Wedding Ring. Appears to have come off a necklace. Please call us at 920-788-4548 if you are missing it!
THE FUTURE IS BUILDING